The Northfield Township Police Department is accepting applications for Part-Time
Police Officers. Prior law enforcement experience is preferred, but not required. The applicant must be able to work a variety of shifts and hours, to include weekends and holidays.
The applicant must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be a United States Citizen
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a valid drivers license
- Be MOLES certified, or certifiable, or have proof of current enrollment in a police academy. May also have successfully completed the MOLES Recognition of Prior Training and Experience program.
- Successfully pass a background check, medical exam, drug screen and psychological examination
- No felony convictions, or high court misdemeanors
- Must have good moral character and work ethic
- Must have basic computer skills and be able to write accurate and detailed reports
- Perform routine patrol duties and respond to calls for service
- Enforce federal, state and traffic laws, as well as local ordinances
- Make arrests and conduct criminal investigations
- Attend court hearings relative to cases
- Effectively communicate with township residents and fellow officers, both verbally and in writing
- Accurately complete reports, citations, search warrants, warrant requests, subpoenas, etc.
- Operate desktop and in-car computer systems, radio systems, and cameras
- Directing traffic and providing physical assistance in emergency situations
- Working additional functions, such as parades, fireworks, and various other details
Starting pay is $19.53 per hour, but pay may be commensurate with experience. A $.50 per hour shift premium may apply depending on the shift regularly scheduled to work.
To Apply: Complete our application and the MOLES release form. Both can be downloaded by clicking here. You must have Adobe reader in order to download the forms. Once your application has been approved download the background packet. To get Adobe - click on the link.