Front Desk Clerk / Building Department Assistant
(Click here for a Full Job Description)
Part-time 30 hours/week, 10:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday
Northfield Township is seeking a part-time Front Desk Clerk / Building Department Assistant for our Township Office in Whitmore Lake. This position is the first point of contact with the general public including:
- Receive and greet visitors and callers -determine needs and handle inquiries by providing information, written materials, or instructions.
- Collection of tax, utility, building department and municipal payments – Processing multiple payments throughout the day.
- Building Department Assistant – issue permits, process invoices, schedule inspections, maintain building files. Includes collaboration with contracted inspectors, County departments, and the Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- Collect and disperse incoming daily mail.
- General administrative duties.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Must have excellent customer service skills, strong multi-tasking and organization abilities with meticulous attention to detail. Also should possess a high level of integrity, computer and multi-line phone experience, and excellent written and oral communication skills. 10 key experience a plus.
Required: High School diploma; some college or Associates degree preferred
Preferred but not required: General knowledge or previous experience with municipal government; Previous experience with cash handling/balancing, and building department/ inspection procedures; Exposure to BS&A systems. Training will be provided.
Resumes accepted until position filled.
Send resume & cover letter to email@example.com