A Township owned lakefront property has been a discussion topic for many years. When a large property on the lake recently came up for sale under market value, the Township Board of Trustees decided to purchase the 23 acres, which are located next to the Post Office in Whitmore Lake. This area has great potential and will allow the Downtown Planning Group and DDA a lot more flexibility in their planning.
On October 23, 2016, The Downtown Planning Group organized a Ribbon-cutting ceremony to celebrate the purchase of this property, and to get public feedback about what they would like to see done with this area. It was a huge success, complete with music from the Whitmore Lake High School Marching Band, and Trunk-or Treating for the kids! Thank you to all who attended! We are very excited about the possibilities this property will bring to Whitmore Lake!
Ribbon Cutting Photo Gallery Township Zoning Ordinances
North Village Master Plan
North Village Master Plan - PowerPoint Presentation
North Village - FAQ Fact Sheet
North Village RFP (Request for Proposals) North Village RFP Questions & Answers
The schedule for solicitation, receipt, and evaluation of proposals is anticipated to be as follows:
- Pre-proposal meeting: February 21, 2018. 2PM Northfield Township Hall, 8350 Main St., Whitmore Lake, MI
- Deadline for written questions, notice of intent to respond, and requests for additional information: March 21, 2018, 4:00 P.M.
By Email: Steve Aynes, Township Manager: ayness@Northfieldmi.gov
Northfield Township Manager
8350 Main St.
Whitmore Lake, Michigan 48189
- Answers to questions received will be posted on the Township website and distributed via email on March 28, 2018.
- Proposals Submitted: May 16, 2018, 4:00 P.M.
- Steering Committee Evaluation Period: May 16, 2018 to June 20, 2018.
- Board Evaluation Period and Selection of Development Proposals: Through July 2018.
Sign up for the North Village Newsletter
By signing up for the North Village Newsletter, you will receive progress updates and information on our new community park, The North Village!