The Northfield Township Police Department is accepting applications for two positions of Part-Time Police Officer. Prior law enforcement experience is preferred, but not required. The applicant must be able to work a variety of shifts and hours, to include weekends and holidays.
The applicant must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be a United States Citizen
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a valid drivers license
- Be MCOLES certified, or certifiable, or have proof of current enrollment in a police academy. May also have successfully completed the MCOLES Recognition of Prior Training and Experience program.
- Successfully pass a background check, medical exam, drug screen and psychological examination
- No felony convictions, or high court misdemeanors
- Must have good moral character and work ethic
- Must have basic computer skills and be able to write accurate and detailed reports
- Perform routine patrol duties and respond to calls for service
- Enforce federal, state and traffic laws, as well as local ordinances
- Make arrests and conduct criminal investigations
- Attend court hearings relative to cases
- Effectively communicate with township residents and fellow officers, both verbally and in writing
- Accurately complete reports, citations, search warrants, warrant requests, subpoenas, etc.
- Operate desktop and in-car computer systems, radio systems, and cameras
- Directing traffic and providing physical assistance in emergency situations
- Working additional functions, such as parades, fireworks, and various other details
Starting pay is $17.71 per hour, but pay may be commensurate with experience. A $.50 per hour shift premium may apply depending on the shift regularly scheduled to work.
To Apply: Applications may be obtained from the Northfield Township Police Department, 8350 Main Street, Whitmore Lake, MI 48189 (734-449-9911). Applications and MCOLES release forms may also be downloaded by clicking here. You must have Adobe reader in order to download the forms. To get Adobe - click on the link.