- The best way to enjoy fireworks is to visit a public firework display put on by professionals who know how to safely handle fireworks.
- If you plan on using fireworks, make sure they are legal in your area.
- Never light fireworks indoors or near dry grass.
- Always have a bucket of water and/or a fire extinguisher nearby. Know how to use and operate the fire extinguisher properly.
- Do not wear loose clothing while using fireworks.
- Stand several feet away from lit fireworks. If a device does not go off Do Not stand over it to investigate it. Put it out with water and dispose of it.
- Always read the directions and warning lables on the fireworks. If the device is not marked with its contents, directions and a warning lable, Do Notlight it.
- Supervise children at all times while around fireworks.
- Before using a grill, check the connection between the propane tank and the fuel line. Make sure the venturi tube - where air and gas mix - are not blocked.
- Do Not overfill the propane tank.
- Do Not wear loose clothing while cooking at a barbeque.
- Be careful when using lighter fluid. Do Not add fluid to an already lit fire because the flame can flashback up into the container and explode.
- Keep all matches and lighters away from children. Teach your children to report any loose matches or lighters to an adult immediately. Supervise children around outdoor grills.
- Dispose of hot coals properly - douse them with plenty of water, and stir them to ensure that the fire is out. Never place them in a plastic, paper or wooden containers.
- Never grill or barbeque in an enclosed area - Carbon Monoxide can be produced.
- Make sure everyone knows Stop, Drop and Roll in case a piece of clothing does catch on fire. Call 9-1-1 if a burn needs serious medical attention.
- Build campfires where they will not spread, away from dry leaves and grass.
- Keep campfires small, Do Not let them get out of hand!
- Keep plenty of water and a shovel around to douse the fire when your done. Stir it and douse it again with water.
- Never leave campfires unattented.