The Presidential Election will be here before we know it. Here are a few reminders:
- ABSENT VOTER BALLOTS: Absent Voter (AV) ballots are still available from the Clerk's office. To receive an AV ballot, you must first submit an AV ballot application. Once your application is received and entered into the voter registration system, an AV ballot will be mailed to you.
- Absent Voter Ballots can be issued through November 7th. If you request an AV Ballot on November 7th, you MUST vote in-house at the time you submit your application. The last day for ballots to be mailed out is November 5th.
- The Clerk's office will be open on Saturday, November 5th from 8:00am-2:00pm for AV Ballot requests.
- AV Ballots must be delivered to the Clerk's office - they will not be accepted at the polling locations.
- Any AV ballots received after 8:00PM on Tuesday, November 8th are not able to be tallied, so get yours in soon! We are not responsible for delays in mail service, and CANNOT accept post marks.
- SAMPLE BALLOTS: To save you time at the polls, it is a good idea to review the ballot prior to election day. SAMPLE BALLOTS are available at the Township office and on-line at https://webapps.sos.state.mi.us/MVIC/
- POLLING LOCATIONS:
Precincts 1 & 3: Whitmore Lake Middle School *
8877 Main St.
Whitmore Lake, MI 48189
*Please note the change in location.
Precinct 2: Fire Station 2
2727 N. Territorial Rd.
Whitmore Lake, MI 48189
Polls are open from 7:00AM - 8:00PM. All polling locations are accessible to voters with disabilities. The AutoMARK voter assist terminal, Braille instructions, and audio instructions are also available at all polling locations.
- CAMPAIGNING: State law prohibits anyone from campaigning within 100 feet of any doorway used by voters to enter the building in which a polling place is located. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Campaign signs: must be 100 feet or further from the polling location's entryway.
- Bumper Stickers: If you have a bumper sticker for any candidate or proposal that is on the current ballot, you may park within the 100 feet during the time you are voting ONLY. Under any other circumstances, vehicles bearing campaign signs or bumper stickers must be parked at least 100 feet from any doorway used by voters to enter the building in which the polling place is located.
- Apparel (T-shirts, hats, pins, etc.): Anyone wearing campaign apparel will be asked to remove the item, turn it inside out, or cover it in some fashion until they are done voting and have left the polling location.
- Flyers: Flyers are not allowed within the polling locations. Any flyers found within the polling location will be removed.
- Candidates: Anyone that is on the ballot is only allowed inside the polling location during the time they are casting their vote. Once their vote has been cast, they must remain at least 100 feet from the entryway of the polling location.
- PICTURE ID: By law, every Michigan voter must present picture identification at the polls, or sign an affidavit attesting that he or she is not in possession of picture identification.
Be prepared for Election Day. To help the lines move along faster, remember to bring an acceptable form of photo identification to the polls, and have it out and ready when you check in.
See you at the polls!